SugarDaddy.com Review: Sugar Dating Website Analyzed By Our Team
SugarDaddy.com is one of the most popular sugar daddy sites. Yes, it has fewer monthly visits than Seeking Arrangement or Ashley Madison, but over 600,000 beautiful young women and their wealthy partners visit it monthly, and nearly 90% of them are from the US. We decided to join this sugar dating site to find out if all these people really made the best choice and learn everything about all the SugarDaddy features, prices, pros, and cons.
What we liked about SugarDaddy.com
- A few fake profiles, accounts can’t be created without uploading at least 6 profile photos
- Lots of verified sugar babies
- Paying members don’t have to pay for each message sent
- A lot of college students looking for benefactors
- Many wealthy men, especially in the US
What we didn’t like about SugarDaddy.com
- No mobile app
- No unlimited messaging included in a premium membership plan
- Many more women than men
Who is SugarDaddy for?
- Sugar babies and sugar daddies looking for mutually beneficial relationships
- Benefactors and sugar babies looking for long-term relationships
- Singles looking for short-term sugar relationships
Popular SugarDaddy.com profiles
Creating an account on SugarDaddy
What’s SugarDaddy.com? Well, the name of this sugar site speaks for itself—it’s designed especially for sugar daddies and sugar babies, and no one but them. This online dating platform doesn’t use any revolutionary approaches and is known as a classy online dating site for people seeking different types of sugar arrangements. Still, we wanted to learn more and created our own account, and here’s what you should know about registration on this sugar daddy website.
It started as usual—the first thing we saw was the registration form we had to fill in. Here’s the information we provided:
- Country, city, and zip code—that’s important as the system of this sugar daddy site considers your location when suggesting matches.
- Email address—must be valid, there is no way you can join the sugar daddy dating site without confirming it.
- Some more personal details—ethnicity, body type, marital status, income. Providing information on the income is a must for all sugar daddies, and we signed up as a sugar daddy looking for long-term relationships with sugar babies in our area.
- Profile headline, self-description, and the description of a sugar baby/a sugar daddy you are looking for. Yes, we had to write it, but one sentence was enough to proceed.
- Photos—yes, we had to provide 6 profiles photos, and this step can’t be skipped. To be honest, we tried to add some stock pics of random guys, but the thing is, all the pictures are moderated, and the system recognized them. So, all new members must add real photos, no exception.
In fact, that photo stage definitely makes SugarDaddy.com an upscale dating site and one of the best sugar daddy sites. Most platforms let sugar daddies and sugar babies add their photos later and don’t check them that carefully. We could create our account only after providing real pictures of one member of our team. On the one hand, it’s not that great for a sugar daddy who wants to hide his identity (for example, if he’s married and seeking discreet sugar arrangements), but on the other hand, SugarDaddy dating website has fewer fake accounts than most other sugar daddy websites.
How to get started—Some tips from our team
- Members can (and should) verify their accounts. You only need to upload a video of yourself saying a particular phrase (in our case, it was ‘Let me be your secret’).
- Sugar daddies and sugar babies can add up to 6 profile videos, and though 6 would be too much, adding one automatically make you a more popular user.
- It’s not that easy to create a good headline, but it’s worth it. Once we added more detailed descriptions, we started getting more replies, too.
Free and premium features
When looking for a perfect sugar baby on the dating website, we tested both free and premium features. This was definitely an interesting experience, and we’d like to talk about it in more detail to provide precise information on features, costs, and most importantly, the value.
So, here are the features that all sugar daddies and all sugar babies can use for free:
- Search. Like most sugar dating sites, SugarDaddy has both basic and advanced search, but unlike some other sugar dating platforms, it doesn’t make you pay for unlocking advanced filters. Speaking of filters, there were a lot of them—from education to tattoos and piercing.
- Watching videos. That was one of the most useful free features we used. It’s always interesting to see the gestures and facial expressions, to hear the voice of a sugar baby you’re going to contact.
- Viewing public photos. That was absolutely free, and the requirement to upload at least 6 photos worked—we tested plenty of sugar daddy sites, and on some, viewing profiles with a single photo or no pics at all made so less fun.
- Likes and favorites. Like other sugar daddy websites, this platform lets you like profiles and favorite them, and about 30% of women reached us after we did it for free (again, we had to spend some credits to talk with them anyway)
- Support. A paying sugar daddy will also get premium support, but to be honest, there we didn’t see much difference in using premium and regular support—both worked fast and well enough.
We could also edit our profile, upload photos and videos, and overall, on SugarDaddy.com, free members can do anything except for sending messages to one another, which is pretty common for premium sugar daddy sites.
How much for a premium membership status?
There is no premium membership status, at least, an official one. Still, using a site as a sugar daddy is impossible without credits, so we bought a mid-price package for $169 and received 500 credits. Here are the features we got access to:
- Reading and sending messages. When a sugar baby sends you a message, you can’t read it without spending 10 credits. We couldn’t also start a conversation without spending them. Basically, this is the amount you spend on unlocking a conversation in any case.
- Unlocking Secret Albums. We could also spend 10 credits on viewing secret albums, and well, such photos are usually hotter, but you shouldn’t expect to see something explicit there. Still, it was a fun feature to use.
- Showing higher on Search results. It’s a good feature, too, but we aren’t sure if it’s super useful. A sugar daddy faces less fierce competition than a sugar baby, but it’s still a nice bonus.
As we’ve noted, we had 500 credits—that was enough to chat with 50 girls as all the further messages you send to a member are free. To be honest, we still have 60 credits, and the pricing seemed reasonable to us.
How to look for matches on SugarDaddy?
As for the technical aspect, Sugar Daddy website was pretty easy to use. There are not so many features, which isn’t bad—there are only the most useful tools, no unnecessary icons or links. Generally speaking, a sugar daddy who joins this community can do three main things—use search to find the sugar babies who meet his main criteria, browse profiles to learn more about them, and use communication tools to make contacts.
The Search button is right on the Main Menu. When a user presses it, he’s redirected to recently active profiles and can switch them to the newest profiles (a pretty useful feature for those who’ve been using the site for a long time).
We could enter any location to find matches in our area, and that works better than just choosing one of the filters, actually, just because we didn’t have to scroll down that very long list of countries and cities. Filters, however, are available, too. They are as follows:
- Photos and videos (has photos/ has videos / is verified)
- Body type
- Hair color
What we liked was that we didn’t have to spend our credits despite the fact we used to search a lot, and we loved the filters just because they really let us find someone who looks a certain way, which is often ignored on other sugar daddy sites.
Most but not all sugar babies (as well as most sugar daddies) have those verified badges on their profile photos, and we mostly browsed verified profiles just because these members usually make a bit more effort to provide more information. Generally speaking, here’s what we could see on every personal page:
- Username, profile headline, and location
- The Message window
- Secret Album (it’s hard to find a sugar baby who wouldn’t have them)
- About Me section (self-description)
- Wants (what a sugar baby or a sugar daddy expects from a partner and sugar relationships at large)
- Attributes (all the details that can be used when searching for matches)
The fact is, both a sugar daddy and a sugar baby on this sugar daddy site are likely to have a much more detailed profile than a sugar daddy and a sugar baby on most other sites. We absolutely loved the fact that most ladies really provided useful information about themselves, and, most importantly, described the type of relationship and the partner they were looking for in detail. That saves a lot of money for sugar daddies who can spend their credits on contacting someone with similar goals and views.
Messaging is the only communication tool on the sugar daddy site. There are a few ways to contact someone on SugarDaddy.com:
- Click the message icon right in search results (we still preferred to view profiles before reaching someone)
- Go to your inbox by clicking Messages on the Main Menu (there are also sent messages and archives)
By the way, on SugarDaddy.com, members can see who favorited them and who visited their profiles—there is a message icon next to each user, so you can contact someone who liked you right away.
SugarDaddy is one of the pretty good sugar dating websites, but it’s rather a classy platform—there are not so many special features. Again, there is a great advanced search feature, chat, and profile verification procedure, but there are no special tools like streams, video chat, services for traveling men, etc.
Our user experience
We talked to a lot of sugar babies looking for a mutually beneficial arrangement. Probably, we contacted 30 women in total, but there were 3 of them we remembered best.
Lady A was a younger woman we contacted first on this sugar daddy dating site. She was very attractive and a pretty smart sugar baby, but we remembered her because she was looking for a platonic sugar daddy relationship. We asked her if there were many platonic sugar daddies in her life, and she said she dated 2 guys who were looking for cyber affairs, so well, such a scheme also works, but as she noted, finding such a sugar daddy is 90% harder.
Lady O was looking for rich men, as she noted that’s not the only sugar daddy app or site she was using to meet her goal. Unlike many sugar babies who asked us to pay per meet, she was looking for a monthly allowance, and to be honest, the price wasn’t that high, especially for New York. We even thought we met a catfish so we offered her to chat in Zoom, and she agreed. This sugar baby was absolutely real, gorgeous, nice, and fun, but not confident enough. Hope that will change soon, as she’s worth it.
Lady N was a young student who immigrated to the US 5 years ago with her family and was looking for some financial assistance and, most importantly, mentorship. We like how motivated she was—she emphasized that she was looking for sugar daddies as she believed that such mutually beneficial arrangements will not only help her solve her financial problems but also because communication with someone successful and smart will make her more successful, too.
“This sugar daddy website doesn’t offer anything extraordinary or revolutionary, but it’s still worth using for at least one reason. On many other sugar daddy sites, you never know if you’re talking to a real sugar daddy or a sugar daddy and have to spend credits to make sure no one is catfishing you. On top of that, it’s hard to find out if you’d like to start a sugar relationship with someone when most people add 1 profile photo or don’t add them at all. Basically, even this single fact makes it worth using.”
“On many sites, people looking for sugar baby/sugar daddy relationships have to pay for each message sent, and it’s not the case for SugarDaddy. If you contact 10 younger women, you’ll spend 100 credits, no more, no less. Still, there are no advanced features like streams or video chat, but considering that a sugar daddy looking for a sugar baby is likely to want to meet IRL as soon as possible, it’s not such a serious drawback.”
Tips on how to use SugarDaddy
- Most sugar babies verified their accounts—why spend credits on someone who’s not motivated enough to upload one video?
- If you met a sugar baby, ask her about what she’s looking for directly—that will save you a lot of time.
- Watch videos—they really help understand what a member really looks like.
The verdict—Who’s SugarDaddy for?
So, is SugarDaddy.com one of the best sugar daddy sites we used? Well, this sugar dating site was definitely worth visiting and using. We tested various sugar daddy sites, and the fact that you can’t sign up without providing photos, as well as the fact that most profiles of sugar babies are verified, make it stand out.