Passion.com Review—Truth About the Sugar Dating Website
Being one of the oldest dating sites in the world (created in 1995),just couldn’t pass under our radar. We wanted to understand whether this dating website was actually worth the money, so we created a profile, purchased a premium subscription, and tested it for two weeks, and now, we’re going to share what we’ve got.No need to risk testing it out personally, we’ve done it for you. We’ve bought Secret Benefits credits and found all the pros and cons of the site.
Best Passion Alternatives
Passion Website Overview
Who Will Like This Dating Site
- Those who are interested in casual dating or finding an affair
- People with various sexual interests (the amount of kinks covered is truly impressive on Passion.com)
- Those who don’t care about the fact that the interface of Passion looks slightly outdated compared to other sites in this niche
Thefor sugar daddies—sugar babies typically have detailed profiles and respond quickly. However, the gender distribution is pretty standard for casual dating/sugar dating websites—30% of the visitors are women, and 70% are men (50% of users are 35-54 years old). So, finding a partner might be a bit challenging.
Sugar babies will findacceptable. Technically, there’s no need to even pay for a premium subscription because there are a lot of premium users with a Standard Contacts feature enabled here (this means basic users can contact them for free). However, not all sugar daddies here have detailed profiles, and unfortunately, there’s no income verification on Passion.com.
|📈 Visits per month:
|✅ Profile verification:
|❤️ Reply rate:
|🌍 Most used in:
|US, UK, and Canada
- The search tool is quite detailed and advanced (more than 80 search filters)
- ID verification—you can upload an ID to make your profile more trusted
- Decent iOS app to use the site on the go
- Free users can chat with premium members (only if a premium member has purchased “Standard Contacts”)
- Point system—you can earn points and exchange them for various features
- No Android app (Android users can only chat via their mobile phone’s browser)
- Numerous fake profiles
- Only a few profiles are Confirmed (verified)
Passion Online Dating Site: Useful Info and Registration
With 416,000 monthly visits (SimilarWeb data),is not the most popular platform in the niche. It is, however, one of the oldest sugar dating/casual dating platforms today (Passion was established in 1995). This is not a perfect dating platform, obviously, and the main problem of Passion.com is that there are a lot of fake profiles—creating an account will take just 1-2 minutes, and sugar dating is, unfortunately, a very popular niche among romance scammers. At the same time, we have been testing this platform for two weeks and read a lot of dating site reviews, but other than that, we didn't find any more serious problems with Passion.
The registration is pretty simple on Passion.com—you will need to enter your name, age, email, and password to sign up. The only question they’ll ask you during the registration is, “Who are you looking for?” and that’s all. You can browse other profiles even without a verified email address, but if you want other users to be able to find you, it’s necessary to verify your email. After that, you’ll be able to edit your profile, and there are several categories available—from Basic Profile to Personality Type and Physical Information.
By the way, Passion is a part of FriendFinder Network, so you can sign in with your Friend Finder Network account here, too. If you have a profile on AdultFriendFinder, ALT, or Cams.com, you can use it, as well.
There’s also an ID verification here, but it’s not mandatory to verify your personality. However, it’s definitely recommended to do so—verified profiles are more trusted and, therefore, more likely to find a partner on Passion.com.
3 Tips for a Better Dating Site Experience
Finding a partner on dating sites is more challenging than most people think, so to succeed on, make sure to use the following tips:
- Use the Writing Ideas feature—during the registration, you’ll need to write your profile bio, and if you’re out of ideas, this feature will be handy.
- A filled-out page is the best page—post steamy pics, write a catchy profile bio, and don’t forget to edit the profile and fill out all those fields about your personality and your perfect partner.
- Buy a premium subscription—Gold users get much more profile views and messages than standard users, so consider getting it.
These tips are pretty basic, but they do work, so make sure to give them a try.
Price: How Much Does a Premium Account Cost?
You can use this site for free, which might sound attractive, especially if you're a sugar baby. However, only premium users can enjoy all the features and tools available on Passion.com—that's why we decided to purchase the premium subscription and tell you everything about it.
Speaking about premium membership, there are three packages available on:
|Price per month
|⭐ 1 month Gold
|⭐⭐ 3 months Gold
|⭐⭐⭐ 12 months Gold
Free Account: Available Features
Passion.com offers a variety of free features that include the following:
- Reading blog articles. To be fair, the first few blogs might look interesting, but it’s not something you can do 24/7
- Using all the search filters. has a lot of them, so this might be quite an interesting activity
- Reading the first messages in your inbox. A pretty useful communication feature that very few sites offer for free.
- Sending messages to premium users. This feature is free only in case a premium user has purchased a Standard Contacts feature.
As you can see, there is a lot you can do on this site for free, but obviously, all the best features are paid.
As a standard user, you’re effectively limited to search filters and profile browsing, but with a Gold membership, you'll get access to full profiles, photos, and videos of other users. Gold users can also watch other users' live broadcasts and send gifts. What’s more important, premium members get more messages than free users. In fact, we got ten direct messages in just 10 minutes after purchasing a Gold subscription.
There are some additional fees here, too. Thus, monthly premium membership costs $15-$28, but you'll have to pay $15-25 per month to purchase Standard Contacts since, with this feature, free members will be able to send messages and contact you. It’s not mandatory to pay for Standard Contacts, but the majority of profilesare free, so you’ll need to pay for this service in order to extend your dating pool. There’s an alternative point of view—thus, a lot of users ignore Standard Contacts because, as they say, fake profiles are always basic. Scammers do not waste money on purchasing a Gold subscription on Passion, so by not buying Standard Contacts, you, in fact, limit them from texting you. The only problem here is that you also limit real sugar babies and other users from texting you.
So, is this online dating site too expensive? In our opinion, it’s not. In fact, you’ll have to pay from $15 to $53 per month for it—taking into account that Gold users have unlimited access to messages, it sounds pretty affordable to us.