What Does PPM Stand For? — Meaning, Types, And Real Size
Are you curious to know what PPM stands for? If so, then this article is for you. Here, you’ll learn everything about PPM and what it means in sugar dating. So, read on to discover more and see if that’s something you want to try.
Here are the best platforms to start your journey in sugar daddy dating:
What does PPM stand for?
According to the Urban Dictionary, a PPM stands for Pay Per Meet. In PPM relationships, a sugar daddy gives his sugar baby a negotiated amount of money per date. Therefore “Pay” is the money, and “Meet” stands for the date a sugar baby goes on. Also, there is another type of sugar relationship where sugar daddies provide a sugar baby allowance monthly or weekly. In both cases, sugar babies can receive money either in cash or via payment apps like Venmo.
However, that is not what you might think—in sugar dating, neither the term “PPM” nor “sugar baby allowance” refer to prostitution. So, let’s look more closely at PPM to understand its full usage for sugar relationships and see if that’s something to avoid or explore.
PPM sugar baby or sugar daddy meaning
You might stumble upon the terms PPM sugar baby or PPM sugar daddy, and it’s easy to be confused about what it means, especially if you are a beginner. So, let’s make our sugar dating vocabulary clear:
- PPM, or Pay Per Meet sugar babies, are beautiful young women who prefer short-term relationships and don’t have time for regular meetings, due to study, work, etc. They prefer to receive money for each date they go on. Such sugar babies tend to have several sugar daddies.
- PPM, or Pay Per Meet sugar daddies, are rich men who are uncomfortable providing a monthly allowance. These successful men usually travel a lot and have many sugar babies in different states.
Though such terms are out there, you can rarely find both sugar babies and daddies who do just PPM sugar relationships. In most cases, people have different types of mutually beneficial relationships depending on a particular situation.
PPM arrangement peculiarities
PPM relationships are very different from traditional sugar dating with monthly allowance not just in the form of receiving money, but usually in the type of relationship itself. That’s why it’s important to know the peculiarities and dangers of PPM regardless if you are a new sugar baby or sugar daddy.
Almost every first date is on a Pay Per Meet basis
Even traditional allowance-based sugar relationships commonly start with PPM. Why? Before committing to a sugar baby allowance, a sugar daddy wants to check if a potential sugar baby is a right choice for him and if they are actually comfortable with each other. Also, it’s a way to check if a sugar baby is not a scammer and actually will show up on IRL dates.
For a sugar baby receiving payment is also a way to be sure that she is not engaging with a salt daddy, who is a guy who is not rich and just wants to use a beautiful young lady for an overnight date like free sex work.
PPM is NOT payment for sex work
With the money received for the date, it’s easy to assume that a “sugar daddy Pay Per Meet” is a disguised payment for sex work. But it’s not! Well, sugar daddies do pay sugar babies for dates or a few day trips with them, but:
- It can be just a platonic date. In this case, sugar daddies pay to go out with a very attractive girl as an ego boost, or they just seek a pleasant evening or a short vacation and don’t want to be alone.
- Intimacy is not a part of every PPM date. For sure, there might be a few sugar babies who have some intimacy on almost every PPM date, but for the majority in the sugaring community, it’s not the case. Some Pay Per Meet arrangements may have a specified amount of dates prior to having intimacy, some prefer to start as a platonic relationship and see how it goes.
In regular sugar dating it’s easier to understand that it’s not just for sex. Such sugar dating implies a long-term relationship based more on emotional connection, and companionship, rather than sex and intimacy. But, of course, just like in regular relationships, sex is an integral part of a sugar one, especially if a sugar baby and sugar daddy want it. In both cases, it’s not sex work as no party is obliged to engage in any sexual activities if they don’t feel like it and don’t receive or pay money for sex.
Most Splenda daddies choose PPM
Another peculiarity that is worth knowing is that many sugar daddies on a budget, aka Splenda daddies, pay per date to pay less to a sugar baby than they would in the average sugar baby allowance. So if you date a Splenda daddy, chances are you’ll get a PPM instead of an allowance.
If you have seen messages on sugar dating sites like “Offer $50/$100/$200 for a date…not negotiable,” it’s a big sign of a sugar daddy on a budget. It doesn’t mean that babies need to avoid them on sugar websites, but these guys will rarely pay more than on the first date, and asking for money will usually be a hard topic.
How much PPM for a sugar relationship do sugar daddies pay?
Generally, the money a sugar daddy pays to a sugar baby is determined by the arrangement negotiated by both parties and it can vary greatly. That’s why it’s important to have an open and honest discussion about financial expectations and whether they can be renegotiated in the future before entering into a sugar relationship.
|Type of sugar daddy pay||What is included||💸 in big cities||💸 in smaller cities|
|Platonic (4-8 hours)||•Dining out|
|Standard (3-6 hours)||•All the above mentioned|
|Overnight (12+ hours)||•All the above mentioned|
•Staying for a night
•It might include traveling or several-day stays
As you can see, platonic dates in smaller cities are the cheapest, while several-day dates and traveling to various locations usually cost more. Depending on personal desires, resources, and needs, a sugar daddy and baby can decide what works best for a particular date.
Why you should and shouldn’t do a Pay Per Meet?
Let’s explore the pros and cons of a Pay Per Meet arrangement compared to a standard sugar relationship with allowance to help you understand if this type of sugar dating is for you.
Pay Per Meet pros for a sugar daddy
- A sugar daddy can get a more reasonable price and spend less overall
- Fully NSA relationship without feeling obligated to pay an allowance
- Both partners decide when and how often to meet
Pay Per Meet pros for a sugar baby
- A SB can set her rate and determine when to meet
- A safer first date option
- You can receive financial compensation right away without needing to hint
- A date is usually a few hours, so a SB can have even a few dates a day with different SDs
PPM cons for a sugar daddy
- In case of paying upfront, a SB can just not show up for a date
- It can be expensive if you have a few dates a week
- Some SDs don’t like sugar dating to feel transactional, and in this case, it’s almost unavoidable
PPM cons for a sugar baby
- One PPM arrangement rarely brings more than an allowance, which, on average, is $3,000
- There is a chance to waste your time on Splenda or Salt daddy
- More dangerous than regular dates with one sugar daddy
Generally speaking, PPM can work for some sugar arrangements and bring its secret benefits but also disadvantages to both sugar dates.
Conclusion—Does PPM work for sugar babies and daddies?
A PPM relationship may work for some sugar babies and daddies, but it isn’t necessarily the best choice for everyone. At the same time, there is a way to get the best of both worlds. You can start with a Pay Per Meet arrangement when you start dating a new sugar daddy or sugar baby and gradually move to allowance when your mutually beneficial relationship progresses.