What Is A Sugar Mommy? SM-SB Relationships In 2023
Sugar mamas and male or female sugar baby relationships are extremely popular. They might be less common than traditional sugar daddy dating, but there are still thousands of older women who spend money on their hot younger partners. There are many sugar mamas open to mutually beneficial relationships with a younger companion.
Where can you find a sugar mummy or sugar baby? Of course, on the top sugar momma dating websites like those down below!
Real sugar mama meaning
There are many misconceptions about the sugar mama term, as many people confuse it with cougar. But those are very different in nature types of arrangements:
- Cougar. A woman in her 40s or older who likes to date younger men. She might give some advice, or give some presents, but the whole thing is mainly around sexual favors.
- Sugar mama. This is a lady of any age, though usually an older woman who spends money, time, and different resources on SBs, and receives companionship, support, care, and also gets a travel partner, and intimate relationship (yet there are also platonic ones).
As you can see, companionship or partnership (depending on the needs of the two) is what makes the sugar mama-sugar baby arrangement different from the cougar-cub relationship which is usually based on simple emotional connection and attraction. Also, a significant difference is the financial aspect of sugar dating, as a SM is usually a financially stable lady who can afford a lot and doesn’t mind paying for dates, vacations, etc.
What does a sugar momma do?
Well, there is no to-do list that all sugar moms need to check, but there are certain things that the majority of sugar mamas do and that make sugar dating different from a “vanilla relationship”.
Providing financial support
One of the main reasons why a younger person wants to have a sugar mama is financial needs. It might be challenging to pay tuition and rent simultaneously, or just barely make ends meet hustling between jobs. A sugar mummy provides financial stability with regular financial help in a form of allowance or pays per each meeting.
A sugar momma is known as a woman who spends money on her partner, and that’s really how it goes. In the modern world it’s common to go 50%/50%, or when a man covers the bill, but in a sugar mummy arrangement financial aspect of the relationship is fully covered by a SM.
Traveling a lot
Many sugar mamas seek a young man or girl who can be a travel buddy with benefits. It means that sugar mommies can enjoy traveling the world not alone but accompanied by a younger man or woman.
Spoiling their SBs
Another thing that the majority of older women in a sugar arrangement do is buy expensive gifts, and pay for shopping sprees or beauty procedures. The regularity of such actions is hard to predict, as it varies and strongly depends on the wealth of a particular SM.
Some of the sugar mamas also like to help with the career of a younger person by giving advice, or full-on mentoring and helping to meet particular people if that is important for a SB. There are even relationships where mentorship is enough for young men that they don’t even ask for additional financial help.
As you can see there are many perks that sugar babies get from a relationship with a sugar mummy, but what do rich older women get in return? Read on and find out!
What do sugar mommas want from sugar babies
As you already know sugar dating is mutually beneficial in nature. Here is usually what is expected from a SB in this type of relationship:
- Follow an active lifestyle and keep good looks. Keeping a sugar mama attracted is what all SBs need to strive for. One of the main reasons why an older woman is not just dating an older man is that she can be much more attracted to a hot fit younger person.
- Cover emotional needs. A huge part of the relationship with an older woman is not sexual intimacy, but emotional intimacy first. Being able to be vulnerable, and just have someone who is genuinely interested in listening to what she has to say is a desire of many sugar mamas.
- Support and care. Powerful career-oriented women who achieved a lot in their life also want to be supported and treated well. Some of them may want to feel like little girls, when men take responsibility for everything (arranging dates, booking, etc), even though she is the one paying for it.
- Organize romantic dates. Almost all women love nice gestures, and especially any married woman can nag for the lack of it in the relationship. This is actually a big reason why rich women want to date a boy who is passionate about impressing her with flowers, getaways, and serenades.
- Be a great lover. Sexual favors are an inseparable part of the sugar mama relationship. Generally, all sugar mamas use SBs for romantic and sexual purposes. Though don’t worry that you might have less experience, an older woman can teach you tricks that no young girl ever could.
As you can see, there is an equal side of the deal that SBs need to fulfill to get all the perks of the luxury life SMs have to offer.
How much do sugar mommas pay?
It’s common that a sugar mama offers support (typically financial) to her young man. But there is no set sum that a SM is required to pay. Everything depends on the type of sugar mummy arrangement, location, and generosity of a particular sugar mama.
- Pay per Meet (PPM). It can vary from $200-500+ per date, which is usually 4-6 hours. But if it’s a few-day trip or there are any special requirements, like a SB needs to travel to another state, a sugar mama usually pays more for such a deal.
- Allowance. Another common way of providing financial help to younger men. The average SB allowance is around $3,000, but professional SBs get $5,000+.
- Needs covered. Sometimes younger guys are not offered money for companionship but get other perks like paid tuition, rent, etc. And the sums here can be wild, i.e., $10,000 and more.
Note that we provided estimates for traditional sugar mama relationships that include sex. In platonic, or online-only arrangements men usually get less money from their sugar mama.
Can you handle a sugar mom?
Here is a checklist that can help you understand if you can handle being or being with a sugar mama:
- You are open to NSA dating
- You don’t mind taking care or receiving financial help from the partner
- You fully understand the exchange in a sugar relationship
- You don’t mind dating a person that can be confused for your mother or a son
- You can keep your emotions in place and don’t fall in love
The last point is extremely important because when there are feelings involved it usually makes things complicated.
Lesbian sugar mama for female sugar baby
It’s obvious that some sugar mommas are looking for the company of women and not male SBs. The lesbian sugar mama is usually looking for the same thing as her straight friends, and the only difference is that such SMs are rarer than the traditional ones.
But still, if you are a gay SB, it’s possible and quite easy, actually, to find a partner or specialized gay sugar mama or sugar daddy sites. And there are many married SMs who want to explore their sexuality this way.
To find the most suitable mama or baby (actually, there is no matter who you are looking for—a sugar mama or baby), be very specific about the partner you’d like to date in your dating profile, and approach the people you like, too, not only those who can simply give you what you need.
Sugar mommy sex issue
Intimacy is an important part of the sugar mama arrangements, yet it’s second after companionship. However, to keep the spark going good sex is a must. Though SMs are usually very open about communicating their desires and boundaries make sure to:
- Bring up the sex question quite early on (not in the first message, though)
- Talk about the regularity of your meetings
- Politely ask about any specific desires and likes
Not all sugar relationships include sex, but the majority do. Your task is to make sure that both of you are on the same page and are good with the conditions of your sugar deal.
Also, the most important advice to remember is “don’t rush, let each of you get a drink and see how it goes.” It’s very important to learn to read the clues of each other, as they will put doubts to rest.
How to tell if a sugar momma is real?
The majority of the sugar mommy platforms use fancy words to seem trustworthy, but the growing romance scam rate shows that not all SMs out there are legit. Here are a few tips that will help you see if SM is real or not:
- She has photos or offers to exchange pics in private chat
- She’s not searching for excuses for why you can’t meet IRL
- She knows what the words allowance, PPM, and Meet&Greet mean
- She wants to spend money on you
- She is open to negotiating the conditions of your deal
Also, to avoid fake SMs use only trustworthy websites and don’t share private info or meet IRL before you get to a certain level of trust.
Video Guide: How to get a sugar momma
A sugar mama is a confident woman who is mature enough to know what she wants from life and seeks a partner to have fun with and avoid any drama or heartbreak. Also, sugar mama arrangements have sexual favors and rich women don’t mind helping their younger partners financially.
There is a stereotype that all sugar mamas are 50+, but that’s just a misconception. A SM can be of any age above 30, but the majority of them are in their 40s.
Dating a sugar mama is based on companionship, emotional connection, and enjoying the company of each other as well as all the luxuries of the world.
If you have a sugar mama you are called a sugar baby (both for males and females), and your relationship is called a sugar one.