Adult Friend Finder Review—Truth About The Dating Website
Adult Friend Finder stands out from all traditional dating sites. It’s one of the hookup sites, it works like an adult social networking site, and is pretty effective for people looking for all types of casual relationships overall. We decided to learn everything about it and tested both free membership and Gold membership. What the experience was like? Find all the answers in our in-depth review.
Who should choose AdultFriendFinder
- Users looking for authentic explicit videos and adult content
- Singles and couples seeking hookups, one-night stands, swinger experience, sexting, cyber affairs
- Singles looking for all types of casual relationships
|📈 Visits per month:||46M|
|✅ Profile verification:||Yes|
|❤️ Reply rate:||89%|
|🌍 Most used in:||US, UK, and Canada|
Creating an account on Adult Friend Finder
So, Adult Friend Finder is literally a place where adult users meet, have fun, and seek casual relationships, sexual encounters, hookups, sugar arrangements, and all other types of relationships that don’t have much to do with long-term commitment.
We decided to join the community, and that took little time. We just needed to fill in the registration form—choose your gender, the gender of a person (people) you’d like to meet on the site, age, country, and state, provide an email address, enter the username, and write a short profile intro. Email confirmation is a must, so a valid address must be provided.
Basically, that’s all, but the truth is that a user ends up with an empty profile, and all the details should be added later. When we clicked Edit Profile, we saw a lot of things that could be upgraded:
- Update profile — the section where you can do pretty much everything, from answering additional questions to verifying your account and adding photos
- Upgrade account — the section with offers for Premium users aimed at helping them make contacts and stand out on the site
- Edit preferences — settings that let you customize everything, from receiving email notifications to chats
- Manage account — changing email address, user name, and other basic details
Generally speaking, it’s one of the best dating sites in terms of customization—not all users here have detailed accounts, but every member can make their personal page very attractive and detailed.
Tips on how to make your Adult Friend Finder account work
- Get verified — you won’t stand out on this casual dating and hookup site without a profile photo, and members get a serious boost if they add a photo of themselves holding a paper with their usernames, and showing your face isn’t required.
- Use the Confirm ID feature to get even more matches — add a photo of your passport or another official document to get the verified badge and attract more members.
- Get creative and write a good headline — information in members’ profiles is mostly about their sexual preferences, so you can easily stand out if you focus on something else.
Features & pricing
Though getting paid membership is highly recommended to everyone who’s seeking a partner on AdultFriendFinder, it’s still hard to say that you can’t do anything without upgrading your plan. We spent a few days on the site as free users, and we could use plenty of features. However, after an upgrade, the experience definitely improved. So, below, we’re going to explain what free users and paying users to get on the site.
|Membership||Price per month||Total|
|Standard Contacts for 3 months||$35.85||—|
|⭐ 1 month Gold||$39.95||—|
|⭐⭐ 3 months Gold||$26.95||$80.85|
|⭐⭐⭐ 12 months Gold||$19.95||$239.40|
As non-paying members, we could do the following:
- Edit our own profile and customize the settings — there are no restrictions, so we could create a great profile and make the site more convenient overall
- View part of the information on profiles — the full version can be viewed only by paying members
- Hotlist someone — a great feature for free members who want to contact someone attractive later
- Read blogs — all the blogs with comments and likes can be viewed; commenting is free, too
- Watch videos and join live streams — there are lots of shows at any time, and many members share their content regularly
- Join chatrooms and public chats during streams — basically, non-paying users can interact with each other, they just can’t start private conversations
- Use advanced search filters — no restrictions here, too
Generally speaking, if you want to use the site as a social media website, a site with adult content, or just a public forum, you don’t even need to upgrade your membership plan to premium. That’s even more than most other similar websites offer, but the truth is that if you’re going to use AdultFriendFinder to find a partner, you’ll need to get Gold.
The paid features are as follows:
- Private messaging — that’s the main reason why that many members of this adult dating site prefer to upgrade
- Full access to profiles — premium users can see not only the part of a self-description and a profile photo but all the media files uploaded by the user and all information they shared on themselves
- Flirting — it’s like a Wink on a regular site that allows premium users to notify someone they’re interested in having a private conversation without actually sending a message
- Tips — yes, users can also tip on each other, which motivates all members of the community to share their content on the site
Note that premium users with Gold membership can spend some extra money on Standard Contacts. This is the feature that allows non-paying members to contact you on the site. We didn’t buy it, though. As for the rest, Adult Friend Finder is a relatively expensive website. We liked that there are a lot of free features and that messaging and access to profiles is unlimited to paying users, which means that you don’t have to pay for some “extra services” if you already have Gold.
Searching for matches on Adult Friend Finder
Any dating site has its own ecosystem, and every new user needs time to figure out how it actually works. We spend over a month on the platform and learned a lot about the main and additional features that let users find and contact each other. Below, we explain what the experience was like and how to use the site to have a pretty good online dating experience.
Those who are searching for the best adult dating site in terms of the quality and number of search filters will like this casual dating and hookup website. The selection of the existing options is more than just impressive compared to top dating sites in this segment of the market. In particular, we could apply the following filters:
- I’m looking for — a man, woman, couple (2 men, a man and a woman, 2 women)
- Who is seeking — your status on the dating site
- Age range and distance range
- Show — verified users, people with photos, members streaming, etc.
- Basic details — join date, race, sexual orientation
- Appearance — body type, breast size, height, eye color, glasses, hair color, hair length
- How they swing — just watching, sex with others, etc.
- Habits — smoking, alcohol, drugs
- Other details — children, wants children, languages, education, religion, willingness to relocate, zodiac sign
Another great thing was that we could save our searches even when we were using the site as free members. That saved a lot of time, considering the number of filters.
As we’ve noted previously, only paying members of Adult Friend Finder can view full-size profiles and all the information that a user shares with others. So, once you upgrade, you can see the following information:
- A profile headline
- Introduction written by a member
- Photos, albums, and videos
- Gold/Verified status (there’ll be a badge on search results, too)
- Information (basics like orientation, birthdate, race)
- My kinks
On this website, a lot depends on a member. In particular, some prefer to answer some basic physical appearance questions and stop here, while some answer all the questions and do everything to make their profile on the world’s largest sex website work. All in all, that helped us to understand if a user is really interested in communication or not. There are some fake accounts on the site, too, but it’s easy to spot them if you’re not a free member but a premium user with full access to information on members’ profiles.
Text chat is the main communication feature for private conversation, and we could reach anyone we wanted from all pages of the site. We could do it just by hovering over someone’s photo on the Search Results page and clicking Message, and we could do it after visiting one’s profile. The same goes for Flirts and Tips.
When we joined Streams, we could write anything without opening anything—the chat window is opened automatically on the right side of the screen.
Adult Friend Finder special features
Adult Friend Finder has many more special features than other dating sites, and here are the services that we liked best:
- Webcams — there are both professional models and regular users who like to stream their shows, and the best thing is that viewers can actually interact with one another and meet new people.
- Blogs — a great way to express yourself, chat with others in the comment section and just have a great time on the site.
- Chatrooms — there are a lot of search filters, but public chats work even better as they connect similar-minded users with the same interests.
- Sex Academy — members can not only interact on the site but also learn new things about sex and improve their skills.
- Contests — everyone can participate in contests, vote for other members, and get more attention on the site.
There was quite a lot of activity on the AFF website, which is quite rare for a dating platform, even though this is more of an adult dating platform than a regular one.
Our user experience on the dating site
Since we got our paid Adult Friend Finder subscription and could start private conversations, we communicated with people a lot. Here’s the main thing we understood—this community is very different and diverse, not like on other dating sites where you almost have a standard dating program because members are seeking the same things. Though we met enough interesting people, there were three cases that we remembered best.
We tried to reach different members, including couples, and there are a lot of them on the site. One day we met a nice Asian-American couple after replying to each other comments’ and started a private conversation. We found out that they’ve been members of the AdultFriendFinder community for two years now, and though it’s not always easy to find dates in real life, they found over 20 partners here, and 2 even became their close friends. Their main complaint was that not all people wanted to meet in real life, and they weren’t seeking cyber affairs.
You can meet anyone on hookup sites, and sex workers aren’t an exception. However, we met an actual sugar baby who definitely knew her rights and responsibilities in a sugar world. We asked her about the reasons for searching for someone here, and she mentioned that some women prefer to deny that sugar is also about sex, and it’s actually very important, and she has never been one of them. She said that she didn’t seek blatantly paid sex but compensated sugar relationships as they are.
We also met a lady who was pretty honest about what she was looking for on the site. She was married and struggled with family problems, and paradoxically, sex wasn’t the most important thing for her. She was looking for some flirting, some attention, and some compliments whether on private messages or on her page, and this site turned out to be the perfect place to get them.
Is AdultFriendFinder worth it? Our expert’s opinion
The Adult Friend Finder community is the world’s largest adult community which actually has both advantages and disadvantages. And a lot depends on how you are using this site. If you want to use it as a hookup site or for dating, you’ll need to get a paid membership. But as a non-paying member, you can just get access to adult forums and tons of authentic adult content.
It’s definitely not a scam site which is already good news considering the niche. There are positive as well as negative Adult Friend Finder reviews, and once you start using the site you understand why. There are a lot of great features to use, and if you’re lucky enough you’ll meet your match pretty soon, but if you aren’t and if you don’t make enough effort to stand out, you’ll hardly succeed in this half-dating & half-swinger community.
Tips on how to use AdultFriendFinder
Our experience on the site has shown that it can work differently depending on how you are using the site. Here are some recommendations we’d like to give to everyone who’s considering the idea of joining this online dating community.
- Get an AdultFriendFinder membership plan only if the content isn’t all you are looking for and you’d like to meet real people in real life, too
- Go to chat rooms—they are available on the free version of the platform, and we could really meet some interesting people while chatting with dozens of strangers.
- You can find a lot of verified members on the What’s Hot menu section—just choose Hottest Users if you want to meet a real person and avoid all catfishes easily.
- Never send money to anyone who asks for it, even if you’re using a website as a sugar daddy (don’t accept money if you’re using the site as a sugar baby either).
- Go to the blog, search for interesting posts and comments, go to their owners’ profiles—that’s a more fun and easy way to meet someone attractive on the site.
It is as simple as that. Now it’s time to sum up everything we’ve said.
So, is this Internet dating site worth using?
As usual, it depends on what goals you have at the moment and what your main priorities are. If you’re looking for a dating website with a lot of adult content, actual real women and men, as well as transsexual users searching for swinger experience, hookups, casual relationships, and sugar arrangements, you can create a free account with just a few clicks. If that has nothing to do with what you expect to get, then you probably should search for some alternatives to AdultFriendFinder.com.