Emily Dates Review: Everything You Have To Know Before Registration
EmilyDates is an online dating site with more than 2 million monthly visits. The site has been reviewed many times by users and experts. But we decided to do in-depth research to see if this communication platform is worth the money. We bought a subscription, studied the site from the inside, and received the stories of the site’s users. You will find all our materials in this article.
The site is good for
- Men who are interested in international dating
- Men who want to date beautiful girls
- Men who are ready to provide financial support to the girl
|📈 Visits per month:||2M|
|✅ Profile verification:||Yes|
|❤️ Reply rate:||90%|
|🌍 Most used in:||US, UK, and Canada|
- Detailed female profiles
- A great variety of girls, even in small towns
- Excellent set of features
- Affordable paid membership
- Friendly interface
- No mobile app
- Outdated design compared to other dating sites
- There is no way to send a gift to a girl
Creating an account on EmilyDates
EmilyDates is a dating website for sugar daddies and babies. It’s designed for self-made women and men who want to find love in private and comfortable conditions. You can expand the basic site functionality with a system of credits.
The number of visitors per month is almost 2 million, and approximately 70% of them are women. You can use this site for one of 4 reasons: to spend a lovely evening, travel together, become a sponsor, and have a serious relationship. You can find your perfect match with many filters (from age to profession) and send a message or like if you prefer someone.
So, we decided to join the site, and it was pretty easy and didn’t take much time. The registration form was the first thing we saw, and only some basic details were required. Fortunately, a new member doesn’t have to provide any payment details, a real phone number, or exact address.
Here’s what we needed to do to join the Emily Dates community:
- Enter an email, name, and date of birth
- Indicate our relationship goals
- Enter the allowance you are going to get or provide
- Choose occupation and location
- Upload a photo (we could skip this step)
- Describe ourselves
It took around 5 minutes to create an account. Members can provide more details, in particular, add more information on their habits, lifestyle, and appearance. A lot depends on the bio—every member can just write a headline (it can’t be skipped) or write a more detailed self-description when signing up or later by going to the profile settings. Also, we uploaded one photo, but more could be added later, and some or all pictures could be added to private albums for free.
3 Tips on how to make your EmilyDates profiles work
- Set a profile picture. We wouldn’t recommend using the site without a profile picture, especially for female users. Male members looking for extra privacy can still get some attention even without it, while women just won’t stand the competition.
- Clearly indicate your relationship goals in your bio. If you’re seeking a casual date, mention it, if you’re looking for a long-term relationship, let others know. That’s how you can save a lot of credits you could spend on communication with the wrong people.
- You can make all or part of your photos private. You can add a no-face profile photo and add some more pictures to grant access only to the people you like.
The first thing to talk about in this EmilyDates review is the number of users. This information isn’t actually public, but we’ve analyzed traffic and found out that on average, more than 3,000,000 people visit the main page of this website. About half of them stay on the site and it’s clear that they don’t stay to read the FAQ section—so we can safely say that the number of Emily Dates users is around 1,500,000.
But the problem is that most of these users aren’t from the US. 33.3% of them are from Russia, and the US is not even in second place since most users are from Nigeria, Ukraine, Poland, and Sweden—so even if Emily Dates is quite popular in the US, we still can’t call it a great place for an American man to find a sugar partner because it’s rather an international dating site. Yet it doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to find a sugar partner there. It means that it’s going to be a little more challenging than on American websites.
We’ve joined EmilyDates as a male member to see how much its features and services really cost and if it’s a good value for money. You can find all the information on our experience on this sugar dating platform below.
Emily Dates uses a unique type of payment system. Only one Premium plan for $29.99 is available (only $15 if now there’s a discount):
|⭐⭐⭐ Premium||$29.99||25 credits for 3 days|
The free version of EmilyDates
Before we bought credits, we used the site as free members, and here are the features that were available to us:
- Registration, editing a profile
- Winks, likes, and Favorites
- Basic search (without additional advanced filters)
- Full access to profiles and public photos
- The Encounter feature (swiping feature)
- Read popular blog posts
So, when we had a free account, we could do everything except actually contact others. That’s a standard scheme that many other dating sites also use, and on EmilyDates, it really allows learning more about the platform and the members you can meet here, their interests and preferences, and even getting some messages from people you sent winks to.
Premium version of Emily Dates
15 credits on EmilyDates give you Premium, which means that you can:
- Send messages to female members on EmilyDates
- Exchange contact details
- View users’ private photos
- Be in top positions on search results
- Send virtual gifts (for extra credits)
Again, it’s a pretty standard set of Premium features, but we didn’t have to spend extra credits on using them, for example, pay for each message sent. The only exception to this rule is virtual gifts—we could send them only after spending 1-5 credits on average on a present, and this was less than on many other sugar dating sites. All the services worked properly, and this was a good dating experience overall.
But let’s talk about the prices in more detail. On the one hand, it seemed that $15 (we purchased premium plans with discounts each time) is too much for three days. On the other hand, we realized that this price included unlimited messaging and exchanging contact details, so if everything went well enough, we could just spend $15 and leave the site with a new sugar baby instead of spending $50-$100 on a monthly subscription for a premium online dating platform.
We ended up buying Premium two times—it was more than enough to meet and chat with many ladies. We also had some credits left to send virtual gifts, which, as we’ve noted previously, were pretty cheap compared to other sugar dating sites. The ladies were active and agreed to share their contact details to keep talking on free messengers, so 3 days may be enough to meet someone special and keep communicating with this person without paying. That’s why we liked the scheme offered by EmilyDates—it just makes it cheaper than many other sites.
How to search for matches on EmilyDates
Every dating site is a unique ecosystem with its own features, and it usually takes time to figure out how things actually work. Below, we share our experience of finding matches and making contacts on Emily Dates, as well as our impression on profiles so everyone can use this information to make the onboarding process a bit simpler at the early stages.
Search & filters
EmilyDates is one of the websites where some of the search filters are free and some can be used only by premium members. We’ve been testing the platform as free users first, and here are the filters that were available to use before an upgrade:
- Relationship goals
So, these were the free search filters available on Emily Dates, and they actually worked well enough—we could find more or less compatible users on the site using them. Still, paid filters were even more useful. They are as follows:
- The lifestyle budget
- Number of children
- Body type
- Relationship status
Considering that members can hardly use Emily Dates as a free site, the system seems more or less fair. As free users, we could find some matches, go to profiles, understand who exactly we can meet on the site, and then decide whether we should make a payment or just leave the site. Those who decide to stay and upgrade their premium plan can use advanced search filters without any extra payments.
Another important thing mentioned in the majority Emily Dates reviews is the quality of profiles. Unfortunately, we can’t say that 100% of the profiles look perfect—some of them are not detailed at all and some of them have only 1-3 photos. Generally speaking, here’s what we could see after browsing a random personal page on the site:
- Photos—most users have at least one photo, but we could see the number of pictures right on the Search Result page and soon stopped opening profiles with less than 3 photos
- About me section—most members just created short headlines with some basic information
- Gifts sent by other members—they actually help understand how a popular member is on the site
- Relationship goals—what a person is seeking here
- Appearance—weight, height, body type
- Basic information—relationship status, children, habits
- Interests—sports, finances, literature, and plenty of other options
There are more detailed and less detailed profiles on the site. An average profile still helps one understand who they’re going to approach here, as members who are genuinely interested in finding a partner on EmilyDates at least fill in all the fields and add photos. Again, the number of photos displayed next to a profile picture on Search Results is really helpful—you can just save the time you could spend on reading the profile of a person who’s not motivated enough to find someone on the site to upload some more photos.
Making contact on EmilyDates
On Emily Dates, members can only send messages, and it’s incredibly easy to do. A user can contact someone right from the profile by clicking the green button under the profile picture or doing it on the search page even without going to one’s profile. The same goes for winks, but those who want to send a gift need to visit a profile first. Still, contacting random members doesn’t make much sense, though, so we usually contacted someone after reading the bio and looking through photos. All the messages that you’ve ever sent or that were sent to you are available on the Messages page in the Main Menu at the top of the site.
Special features of the EmilyDates website
Though Emily Dates is the site to connect people, help them get a bit closer to each other online, and then meet in real life, it doesn’t have only standard features like messaging but offers some special services, too.
- Virtual gifts. There’s no real gift delivery service, but there are virtual gifts that can be used to get an attractive member’s attention. Of course, such gifts are mostly sent by sugar daddies and benefactors because it allows them to let a woman know that they don’t mind spending some money on the woman they like even just on the web.
- Profile boost. Premium users get more messages and attention on the site overall as they appear higher in search results and are shown as Suggested matches.
- Suggested Matches. Members can find the best matches and meet the most active users on EmilyDates even without using search filters, just by clicking on profile pictures of Suggested Members.
I have been looking for a girl for a long time. I was only browsing profiles and chatting with many women until I saw Tatiana from Belarus on Emily Date. She looked like a girl with many fans, and I was unsure whether she would answer me. But she replied in an hour. We talked for a couple of hours, and the very next day, we clarified each other’s goals and decided to meet in 2 weeks. Our holiday in Turkey was fantastic. The next meeting was in Mexico. Now we have planned a trip to the Dominican Republic. I am really happy with how our relationship develops and my beloved is happy too. Thus, I met my soulmate on a casual date.
I joined the site just a month ago. I read both niche and more popular blog posts about sugar dating and decided to choose EmilyDates. I was looking for a girl to date on weekends. Joan messaged me on my second day on the site. Her writing was very sensual and sincere. We quickly found a common language, agreed on the amount of financial assistance, discussed my sex preferences, and met in a couple of days. I do not know what will happen next, but so far, I like this relationship.
I came to this site looking for a sugar daddy six months ago. I looked through the profiles daily and did not see anyone I liked. But one day, such a man finally appeared. An entrepreneur with a charming smile. Of course, I texted him first, saying, “Hey, you have an amazing smile, and you are very sexy.” He answered me a couple of days later, and then we met and started dating. I am glad I wasn’t in a hurry and waited for the right person.
This site is a pretty decent option. In fact, it broadens the horizons for those looking for a sugar relationship. Unlike other sites, Emily Dates offers high-quality female profiles from all over the world. These girls look expensive but not vulgar—just what a sugar daddy needs.
Despite the dated design, I consider Emily Dates one of the best search sites for sugar babies and sugar daddies. The site’s audience and cost make it attractive to anyone looking for a sugar relationship
Tips for using the site
- Make a quality profile. You can be a great person, but if your profile does not broadcast it, then no one will know about it. Check the most popular Emily Dates profiles and you will be sure about it.
- Photos must show your status if you are a sugar daddy. If you are a sugar baby, then show your beauty.
- Send messages to female accounts who have recently registered on the site. It will give you a better chance of getting a response.
- Make a letter template and send it to potential partners. It will save time and nerves with your online communication.
- Send at least 5-10 emails a day to get results.
To sum it up: is Emily Dates worth it?
Emily Dates is a high-quality and functional sugar dating platform with affordable prices and large geography. The service has great functionality and a diverse user base, and though it is not a 100% American sugar site but rather an international service, it’s still a good platform for finding a sugar partner. So if you want to try a mutually beneficial relationship, you should register here.
I’m urgently in need of getting a partner from this Emily site.
Thank you very much for your review! I confirm that this is a nice site. I met my sugar baby here. Emilydates seemed to have the most beautiful, stylish, and just hot girls when I used it. I highly recommend this site to sugar daddies.