Are you interested in sugar dating? Then sooner or later, you’ll have to discuss sugar daddy expectations with your partner. In this guide, we’ll tell you everything about what kind of expectations to have for sugar daddy about the most common types of sugar relationship—both platonic and the ones that include sex.
Sugar daddy relationship expectations
The whole idea of sugar dating is simple: sugar babies get money from older, wealthy men, while sugar daddies get companionship and (almost always) sex from young and beautiful women.
Most sugar daddies are generous and want to spend a lot of money on their sugar babies—so it’s obvious that they have certain expectations.
- They expect to outline a specific agreement with a baby regarding the frequency of dates and the date locations, the allowance, the boundaries, and the possible dealbreakers—most sugar partners discuss these things in advance.
- They expect sugar babies to manage their expectations, too—for example, emotional connection is ok, but romantic feelings for a sugar daddy are typically a red flag.
- And, of course, they expect beautiful, sexy, and open-minded women to spend evenings and nights with them—that’s the main reason why most of them signed up on an sugar daddy websites.
The best way to discuss expectations from a relationship
Talking about expectations, boundaries, and money can be uncomfortable, especially if you aren’t an experienced sugar baby. Here are the top 5 rules that will help you discuss expectations from a relationship with your sugar partner:
- Do it offline rather than online.
- Don’t talk about it right away. But don’t wait until you’re 3 months into meeting each other, of course.
- Do the math to understand how much you really need.
- Pay attention to all the factors: did your SD have a good day? Is everything ok at his work? Is he in a good mood? It’s the small things that influence the allowance.
- What does a sugar daddy expect? How much he expects to pay? What boundaries does he have? Digging around a bit can often be a good thing.
What is the best way to respond to a sugar daddy asking about expectations?
A daddy expects companionship and intimacy, as you already know. What does a sugar baby expect? Financial support and gifts. That’s how sugar dating works—so you don’t need to worry when talking about expectations. You need to be calm and relaxed, you need to talk politely, and you need to be confident—because you’ll still have to discuss expectations and it’s impossible to avoid talking about it.
Types of sugar relationship
You probably already know there are 7 types of sugar relationships. But is compensated companionship the same thing as sugar dating? What is pragmatic love? And why is it called sugar friendship with benefits? Here, we’ll talk about these 7 types in more detail!
Types of sugar relationships that don’t include sex are the following:
- Sugar friendship—friendship, but a sugar daddy (sugar friend?) pays for stuff like bills.
- Compensated dating—the type of sugar relationship that involves compensation for small things e.g., coffee/meal/dinner. Sex is typically not involved.
Types of sugar relationships that include sex are:
- Sugar friendship with benefits—friends who have sex, but one friend always pays for the other. No big expenses.
- Sugar prostitution—sex only, nothing else. You don’t visit restaurants, you don’t walk, you don’t watch movies—sugar prostitution is only about sex.
- Compensated companionship—like compensated dating, but with sex, with more activities involved, and with higher allowance.
- Sugar dating—the most common type of sugar dating. Companionship, sex, emotional connection
- Pragmatic love—like sugar dating, but a woman has serious intentions and plans to be taken care of for the rest of her life.
Having a basic understanding of the sugar relationship and what your partner can expect can save you from spending too much time discussing your future as a sugar couple. Prepare for the discussion beforehand, start it politely and respectfully, and you two will benefit from a positive dating experience, as sugar dating is all about a bothersome relationship experience.